CREATE your ACTION PLAN for the WEEK
What are your goals for the week?
What do you hope to accomplish?
Share strategies you will use to be successful.
23 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Participants of the GEAR UP/Chicago Teachers' Center Summer 2007 Inquiry and Design Institute seeking Lane Credit are required to document their learning and thinking regarding the use of Inquiry & Design as a means of engaging students as critical readers, writers and thinkers. This blog will capture ideas, reactions, comments and reflections from the Lane Credit participants.
14 comments:
My goals for this week:
Develop an inquiry-based unit on health that addresses the different aspects of the health impacts in Chicago (environmental, social/emotional, physical, etc.)
Develop my own blog space that I can use with my students.
Strategies I will use to be successful with my students: Develop lesson based on the 5 E model, team building activities to create community.
Entrance slip for Bill Buchanan
My first goal is to experience an inquiry unit from the point of view of a learner. I'll develop ideas for what I might use as themes for my unit and develop empathy for the role of the learner.
Ideas that I'm considering include validating the research presented in An Inconvenient Truth, validating any "contentious contention" found in a popular rap song, or taking off on one of a number of Social Justice units that have been established and published in various places.
I hope to customize the intellectual requirements for my unit to the level of my ninth grade students and establish the cultural/behavioral norms that will help the learners succeed best.
My goals for the week include:
Develop an inquiry-based unit that combines language arts and social studies for my fifth grade students.
I also want to increase my knowledge of community building activities. I want to find a way to sustain a strong learning community throughout the whole year.
I want to become more proficient at developing essential questions. I'd like to learn the planning process to a a degree that I can develop inquiry based units of study across the curriculum next school year.
I hope to connect and learn from my colleagues at the summer institute and maintain those contacts in the future.
Today was awesome! I feel energized and vacation just started. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the sessions. This is my first summer institute, but not my first experience with inquiry based learning. I feel like I will be activating what I already know, connecting with new colleagues, learning a TON of new things, and leave with an arsenal of new strategies and knowledge that will make next year an incredible one. Can't wait for tomorrow... :)
My goals for this week are to:
Create an inquiry unit to use in my 9th grade History class
Utilize the strategies that I learn at the institute to make learning more active in my classroom
Become comfortable with the inquiry approach to unit planning especially with the essential questions
I really enjoyed today and feel like I learned a lot in just one day. Can't wait to see what else I can bring back to my classroom
Sharon said I want to create my own blog site and will use it for my classes next year. Also I hope the air conditioning is fixed so we don't all melt into people puddles.
My goals for the week:
To collaborate with other educators. To develop a unit that I can implement in my classroom To gather new methods or strategies for my students. To create a welcoming community. To open up and know more about the people around me and take new ideas from them.
For successful accomplishment:
Reaearch, high order thinking, journaling for reflection and KWLH.
My three goals for this week are: One,is to learn on how to reflect on positive comment no matter how silly they are.Two,is how to built a community in my classroom.Last,I want to be able to share with my other colleagues, the many strategies that I will learn through out the week.
My goals for the week are:
First, to learn more about building a community in classrooms so that I can implement in my classroom.
Second, to develop an inquiry base unit to implement in the new school year.
Third, to develop my own blogg space
Finally, to get more strategies from the reading session to implement in my classroom.
My goals for this week is to learn new ideas and activities to build a strong community in my classroom.
I also want to develop an inquiry-based unit using frontloading techniques.
I also would like to develop my own blog space to work with my students.
Strategies I will use: Reading Tea Part, Exit and entrance slip, and team building.
Title: Implementation Action Plan (Exit Slip)
Norma Sotomayor
Moos Elementary School
June 22, 2007
Being a participant of Inquiry Design Institute gave me a lot of excitements. I meet a lot of people from different cultural backgrounds and ages. Through the week, I acquired important information, ideas, and activities from all of the presenters.
My goal for this fall, is to share with my school colleagues and my students some of the wonderfull ideas and activities that I gained from the Institute.
As an overview, for this week I would like to say that this Institute was an enlightening and positive expereince for me.
I believe that I have completed my unit in order to get the set of books that it have been offered with a completed unit.
I enjoy everything I learned and I know it will be useful in my classroom.
Thank You all for the good breaskfast and lunches. I enjoyed that too.
An Implementation Action Plan
(Exit Slip)
Diane Washington
June 22, 2007
moos 22
This week at the Inquiry Institute and Design, I had an opportunity to learn new instructional techniques and a chance to earn books to read and use with my students and serve as a vehicles for discussion. Also, I plan to incorporate some of the Inquiry Activities in my curriculum and I plan to focus on the idea of community building with my students.Also, I plan to implement thematic/inquiry based units in my class in the Fall. Overall, my experience at the Inquiry and Design Institute was excellent. Also, the meals was great and I appreciate the combination of food and knowledge.
Title: Implementation Action Plan (Exit Slip)
Aida Roman
Moos Elementary School
June 22, 2007
There is so much knowledge I gained being a participant of Inquiry Design Institute but, the one thing that stuck out was the how Community Building is a part of our daily life.
My plan this year is to implement the Model Community Building into my classroom. I feel that this will help my students gain tust with each other gain trust,learn to cooperate,problem solving, and challage them.
My next step is to share one of the activity that teaches us how to start forming a community with in our staff. I will also, share the book Journey Toward the Caring Classroom By Laurie S. Frank.
Last, I plan is to start the school year with a unit on Community Building. I feel that this will bring my students and me to have a great begining of the year.
My whole experience has inhance my learning about how to Build a Community using various activities.
Title: Implementation Action Plan (Exit Slip)
Wanda Betancourt
Pulaski Fine Arts
June 22, 2007
I have gained an great amount of knowledge by participanting at this Inquiry by Design Institute but, I have gained an enormous amount of knowledge from the Community Building. This is something I will use with my students since it is part of our daily life.
I plan to implement the activities which I have learned through out the year to build a strong community of learners in my classroom. I know that this will help my students gain each others trust, cooperate in the classroom, and problem solve, while challenging them.
My next step is to share what I have learned on Building A Community with my peers so they too can enjoy the privalages I have gained from this week. I will also, share the book Journey Toward the Caring Classroom By Laurie S. Frank.
My plan is to start the school year with a unit on Community Building.
I would like to say that this Institute was enlightening and a positive expereince for me.
Thank You.
Post a Comment