23 May 2007

REFLECT ON COLLABORATION

Throughout the week, observe the working environment. Gather evidence on how teams work together and how teams are not able to work together. What aspects help create collaboration? What are obstacles to collaboration? Assess your role, and the role of others in creating a collaborative environment. Share your ideas and thinking about teacher collaboration.

1 comment:

Vega said...

Irma
Kelly

Teams work together in various ways. I think they work because people decide to honor the ideas and contributions of others instead of focusing on their own and having to do something they way they see fit. There has to be space for people to feel they can share their ideas and that their ideas will be taken into consideration at least. Maybe they will be implemented but maybe they won't and that is okay.

Teams do not work when one person feels they have all the answers and only their ideas are valid.

I think my inquiry team worked very well together- did we disagree- why of course but we worked out our disagreements for the sake of the team.

One thing I enjoyed about this week is the time to talk to other teachers because it is something that rarely happens in schools. There is just never enough time or there is something else to do, some deadline we have to meet. The benefits are so many- for starters it is nice to know that you are not the only one feeling a certain way about something or being stuck with something and having another teacher provide a more effective way of doing something. Sometimes even just having another perspective is a benefit. I think collaboration requires that one be open to working with other people and I saw a lot of that this week.